American Composers Alliance, established in the 1930s, is a non-profit publisher of American concert music, past and present. With a curated catalog of over 13,000 works from a diverse group of more than 300 American composers of the 20th/21st centuries, ACA preserves historical works, introduces new works, and develops innovative ways to increase awareness, performance opportunities and public engagement with this unique catalog which is available worldwide in print and online.
- ACA works with composers, estates, libraries, performers, ensembles, recording projects, and distributors of classical music from around the world.
- ACA provides a professional structure for composers to reach new audiences and patrons, and to earn income through commissions on sales and other licensing provided on behalf of their music.
- Affiliated publishing imprints are American Composers Edition (BMI), Composers Facsimile Edition (BMI) and American Concert Editions (ASCAP).
- The catalog contains over 13,300 titles and represents a broad view of musical expression in the U.S. from 1900 to the present day.
- Support services by ACA are provided for chamber music, choral music, new music, arrangements, opera, dramatic, theatrical, electronic, film, and orchestral works.
- ACA can act as a publishing administrator and distribution agent for scores and performance sets in both print and digital format.
- ACA sells, rents, donates, and licenses, including rights for recordings, website audio and video streaming, documentary films; dance and dramatic uses, chamber and orchestra performances; school classroom uses; audio and video recordings; textbook and article reprints, arrangements, and new editions of music from the past.
- ACA is funded by the generous contributions of Broadcast Music Inc. (BMI), the Aaron Copland Fund for Music, affiliated composers, Special Collections in Performing Arts at the University of Maryland, earned income from its catalog, and many organizations and individuals who support and contribute to preserve this collection of American music.
American Composers Alliance
Composers' Catalog and Archives
PO Box 1108
New York, NY 10040